- Makes outbound calls regarding overdue payments according to company standards and federal regulations; achieves mortgage delinquency objectives utilizing the inbound/outbound dialer system while maintaining high customer standards.
- Makes outbound phone calls to various financial institutions’ members in an attempt to collect payment, arrange for payments, and/or recommend settlements or foreclosures on overdue loan utilizing effective telephone collection techniques and principles while meeting call service levels.
- Negotiates, coordinates payments, and responds to inquiries with members to include conducting searches via phone or Internet to determine location of members and referring collection issues resulting in incorrect payment amounts and/or payment adjustments to the Team Lead.
- Updates call results and enters any other pertinent information into both SWBC and the appropriate FI’s databases by maintaining a records of all customer contacts.
- Processes electronic payments upon members’ approval using the ECM system.
- Refers complex questions, problems or client complaints promptly and accurately to the appropriate resources to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Must have at least one to two (1-2) years in-bound, out-bound or other related call center or customer assistance involving payment services or related experience in an insurance or banking environment, preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication (both written and oral), and telephone etiquette skills.
- Must possess a working knowledge of personal computers to include MS Word, Excel and Internet.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 35 wpm.
- Must be able to work under sometimes stressful conditions while maintaining professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time assisting customer on the phone and while executing, updating, and validating computer applications and data.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, and lift 10-20 lbs. of files or other documents.